As a manager, do you know the five important factors of command center consoles that contribute to a successful environment?
Whether this is your first outfitting of a command center, or not your first rodeo. You know that command center console items must be right the first time. When updating or replacing your existing furniture, be sure to look for console furniture that has attributes of longevity, quality and ergonommics. The furniture should relate well to your available space, as well as to the duties of your team.
Here are the five important factors of command center consoles that you should keep in mind as you consider vendors and options:
- Ergonomics: Consider the amount of time spent at a console and the duties to be performed. Look for power height adjustable desks that meet ergonomic standards and chairs that adjust easily. Also, look for designs that maximize what a user can reach without rising from their chair or sliding left to right.
- Durability: You should keep in mind, not just the initial materials and design - but professional level furniture that will be built to impressively high specifications. Work with companies who have had independent third party testing done. Remember to consider how easily you can replace a hinge, caster, fan or leg? What is the expected availability window of spare parts?
- Cable management: This is sometimes underappreciated - but any modern command center console will have multiple cables for each device and multiple devices for each console. Discreet and discrete are important keywords here: cables should be out of the way, yet easily accessible for replacement.
- Climate control: Also important, but easily overlooked - two team members may sense the working environment completely different than the other. Workstation adjustment of personalized climate, heating and cooling, can go a long way to improving morale and responsiveness.
- Customized design: Naturally, vendors always have an interest in working with you. Don't be afraid to ask questions or tell them exactly what you want. Vendors who have experience with customization should rise to the top of your list. Think in terms of solutions very specific to your situation.
In the end, you will find that these five important factors in choosing command center consoles are a great starting point in the selection process of your new console(s). When performing research, you will certainly find other features which will help you create a complete functioning center. After all, the needs and circumstances of each of your centers is highly unique and specific to your area and assigned duties.
Call around, ask around, bid and create competition - don't be satisfied until you have your particular ideal solution!