You’ve scheduled a meeting with your Xybix Representative to discuss new Command Center furniture consoles; here are some recommendations and expectations to ensure you get the most out of your time. Speaking of time, plan to spend an hour to an hour and a half for your initial visit. Including key players such as managers, supervisors, directors, operators, IT, and the architect (if applicable) will help to ensure all concerns and questions are addressed upfront.
Here are a list of important questions that will be asked:
- Why are you looking to update, upgrade or remodel?
- What factors are important to you (cost, timeframe, warranty)?
- Do you and/or the operators’ have any current complaints?
- What equipment will you need to accommodate? (computers, monitors, mice, keyboards, phones, printer, cables, etc.)
- What is your timeframe for budget and installation?
- 6 Questions you may not be expecting
Once all of your questions and concerns have been addressed, we will explain how we might be able to help! This can be done with a formal presentation, or a conversation with handouts, pictures and project examples.
At this time, the following will also be discussed:
- History, overview and financial backing of the company.
- Similar projects or designs of agencies in your area or with similar concerns.
- What is ergonomics? Why it should be considered.
- Professional services offered: design, consultation, manufacturing, installation and customer service.
- Product options, features and benefits.
- Warranty information.
- Sample color finishes and materials.
Having access to the existing space is always helpful. If remodeling, measurements and pictures will be taken of the room. If you are relocating or updating existing, it’s still important to see the current layout, what’s working, and what’s not.
- A review of the meeting; important details and next steps.
- Timeframe for a drawing and project quote.
- Process for post-approval PO, sign offs and initial installation scheduling.
- Address any follow-up action items or questions.
Although projects sometimes change after the initial meeting, having as much information as possible and addressing all your concerns upfront will help to ensure a smooth process from planning, to install.