If you are purchasing something such as a brand new radio or perhaps a new monitor, for the most part, you can lean on Google to compare pricing amongst several different websites, and even make your purchase that same day! But, what about a “custom" ergonomic furniture solution - "How much does a Command & Control Room Console cost?"
“Can you provide a budgetary cost?” Yes, but it will vary depending on the different command and control furniture vendors and which options you can add. To help answer these questions and more, let me walk you through a typical quoting process and what determines the price.
- Optional features and accessories that can affect the price of your console include:
- Other factors that might play a role in the design and cost of your console:
- How large are your monitors and how many will be at each console?
- How many CPUs will you need to be housed in a CPU cabinet?
- What other equipment – radios, phones, etc. – will need to be readily available on the worksurface?
These items help dictate the size of the workstation, the number of lift legs, and determine if any additional worksurface area is needed.
- Line Item Quotes: We understand that a furniture quote can sometimes be the most confusing part of purchasing new command and control console furniture. That is why we break down our quotes into line item format, so you can easily review the quote and make sure you are getting everything you need for a successful and worry-free project.
- Disposal, Removal and/or Relocation of Existing Furniture: When assessing install costs, remember most existing console furniture will need to be removed, disposed of, and/or relocated. The charge for this should be reflected as a line item within your quote.
- Freight and Install: Make sure when you receive a quote that it includes freight, and clearly states if the cost of installation is included. Keep in mind, the shipping costs will vary based on your location from the furniture vendor. For example, Xybix is located in Denver CO, therefore, shipping to Caribou, Maine is more expensive than shipping to Kansas City, Missouri. Another important cost consideration to keep in mind is that some of you, (California) have tax on products sold to your own government.
How much does a command and control workstation cost?
**Remember, these are per station ballpark numbers to get you started. All of the prices below will include both the estimated freight and install.
- Basic Console: $7,000 - $10,000 This can include dual surface height-adjustment, computer storage, extension cables, focal depth adjustment for monitors, side work surfaces, and our full design service.
- Mid-level Console: $11,000 - $16,000 This can include dual surface height-adjustment, computer storage, extension cables, focal depth adjustment for monitors, side work surfaces, and our full design service. You can add on options of personal climate control, acoustical panels, LED task lighting, personal storage, and additional storage features around the room. (This is the price range of the majority of the projects we install.)
- Top-level Console: $13,500 - $20,000 This can include dual surface height adjustment, computer storage, extension cables, focal depth adjustment for monitors, side work surfaces, and our full design service. You can add on options of personal climate control, acoustical panels, LED task lighting, personal storage, and additional storage features around the room. Often times, these are smaller rooms which require customized cabinet work or special work surface designs.
As you can see, the prices of command and control consoles can vary a LOT! Selecting a furniture vendor who is open and honest with pricing and who can help you to pick the best options, features, and design for your center is invaluable.